Thursday, September 19, 2013

Text Context

So, in this day and age, EVERYone texts. I, being someone who tends to take EVERYthing personally, have found myself reading into texts. Misunderstanding well-meaning statements and reading between the lines when there are no lines. What to do? Stopping texting? Probably not. Maybe just reserve serious discussions for phone or face to face.... So, what if you can't see someone face to face? A phone call is nice. That way, inflections can be heard and nothing is misread. How nice when a smile can be heard or, better yet, a real laugh. Better than lol or :) I don't enjoy technology. I've never been computer (or electronically) savvy. I'm better one-on-one, in small groups and definitely face to face. When did things get so distanced for our society? Makes me want to move to the country. Who's with me? 

1 comment: