Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Holidays

This time of year is always bitter sweet. Many things to be thankful for...health, my two sweet angels, a handful of great friends and following my heart and doing my dream job peddling vintage wears. Then Jill Black AKA Debbie Downer chimes in and reminds me of unhappy discontent in my life. Having just lost my stepdad, Tom, to Parkinson's related illness, has me more thoughtful this year. What can I do to change my attitude? My life? And keep unhappiness at bay? Sounds like I'm starting my unofficial New Years resolution list.
1. Be honest...to thine own self be true
2. Be patient (with myself and others)
3. Learn a new skill or hobby
4. Spend quality time with friends
5. Learn to cook! (fish?)
6. Call my dad (long story)
7. Do more yoga and train my mind to stay quiet and calm during practice
8. Get outside 
9. Make plans and adjust accordingly 
10. Be better/the best version of me...kind, calm, relaxed, attentive, compassionate and wise
Sounds like a difficult list to attain. Perhaps I'm insane. 
Until then, maybe I can just work on the fish preparation! 


No comments:

Post a Comment